School History

ISSR is an IB Continuum school offering PYP, MYP and DP to students meeting the entry requirements. The IB Diploma Programme (DP) moved in to Bohusgatan 24-26 in 2010. After two years ISSR opened up for students in the Primary Years Programme (PYP) and the Middle Years Programme (MYP). At the begining of that school year, ISSR had around 120 students in total in PYP, MYP and DP. In 2016 we became an IB Continuum school and in 2017/2018 we had more than 600 students.

The premises of ISSR opened as a school in 1939. The architects were the renowned Nils Ahrbom and Helge Zimdal. The first school using the premises was  "Högre Allmänna Läroverket för flickor på Södermalm" (Higher education for girls on Södermalm).  See some information on Stockholmskällan. The school opened up for boys in 1962. In the 1970's and the 1980's the school was an Upper Secondary School under the name Skanstullsgymnasium. Between 1990's and 2010 it was called Frans Schartau gymnasium for Upper Secondary school only. During the transition year of 2010 ISSR and Frans Schartau shared the school building. ISSR has been the sole occupant since 2012. 

See information on IB Continuum School on ibo.

Share:
Categories: